TurboPHASE Gas Turbine Turbo Charger
PowerPHASE’s flagship product TurboPHASE uses air injection to restore power that is normally lost when ambient temperatures rise or at higher altitudes. TurboPHASE is a separately fuelled system composed of a reciprocating engine that drives a multi-stage intercooled compressor. The engine exhaust heat is used in a recuperative cogen process to heat air from the compressor. 650°F dry, compressed air exits the TurboPHASE module and is injected into the Gas Turbine in one or more of the existing ports at compressor discharge (pre-combustion). A power plant owner can add a single TurboPHASE module or several, depending on their needs. Responding to industry calls for greater power plant flexibility to support renewables, TurboPHASE was designed to ramp fully in under 60 seconds & go from part-load to full output in 10 seconds.
TurboPHASE is the lowest risk, highest ROI upgrade package available for gas turbines. It offers power generation owners the opportunity to improve gas turbine power output by 10 - 20%, while improving heat rate.
Additional value-added benefits include:
– Faster time to market: 6 month lead, 2 day installation
– Improved asset utilization: 15% Increase in Combined Cycle plant power output
– Increase the heat rate and available run time on simple cycle peaking plants
– Decreased costs: less than 1/2 the capital costs of a new peaker & burn 30% less fuel. No maintenance penalties.
– A mobile and modular solution with a 30' x 8' footprint and impressive power density
– Increased revenue: start in less than 60 seconds to capture peak prices and improved regulation or provide additional